LibreOffice Translate provides single click Neural Machine Translation for LibreOffice Writer.
See how it works here:
Get LibreOffice Translate
Get it from Github: https://github.com/lernapparat/lotranslate/releases
Github Link: https://github.com/lernapparat/lotranslate/
- Privacy! Your documents stay on your computer.
- Convenience. Integrates with your LibreOffice use naturally. Preserves text formatting.
- Customizability. You can create your own model or improve an existing one and you already have a front-end. It could be for languages I don't even speak -- I'll be happy if it is useful.
I'm working on improving LibreOffice Translate. You can sponsor my work. Be sure to send a mail with what works well for you and what does not.
- Improve Training Experience. The OpenNMT tutorials are great, but target a somewhat more technical audience.
- Improve the training Speed.
- Improve integration into LibreOffice, maybe by porting to C++ / use CTranslate.
The talks below have some more discussion on these and more.
The original development of LibreOffice Translate was sponsored by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research through the Prototype Fund program. Thank you!
Talks about LibreOffice Translate
I presented LibreOffice Translate for various audience (there is considerable overlap, of course, as we are talking about the same thing, but I arranged and put in details to account for the quite different perspectives):
LibreOffice Translate at the International LibreOffice Conference in Almería, September 2019. This is an introduction to LibreOffice Translate for people familiar with LibreOffice but not necessarily with a focus on AI. Also, I got great feedback regarding how to make Translate more useful for the community. Thank you for having me on this great conference! slides, video (youtube).
LibreOffice Translate at Hacking Machine Learning, Munich, November 2019. Here, the audience was a crowd interesting primarily in AI, so I talked a bit more in depth about the model and then told the story to go from model to application. slides video (youtube)
ML and PyTorch Training and Consulting
Do you want to create your own great and fun AI applications? Want to hone your skills?